Wednesday, July 30, 2008

it's a pity party.. .no, you aren't invited.

Today's skill....

Watching other people get what I want and being completely happy for them.

I'm sad because I can't have that right now... but I know that they deserve it so much more than I ever will.

It's really hard to give up on something that you have wanted so bad for so long, but I think this is going to help in other arenas of my life. Maybe I can focus more on My Husband, or myself. Maybe we can get and do some of the things we have dreamed of.

Just not this.

Congratulations, I know you guys will be excellent parents.

2 comments:

HeyYou said...

You will be to, when the time is right. I had that same pity party for several years, and am so glad I waited (on good insurance and Maternity leave, a house etc.) You do not have to have those things, but it sure as hell makes it easier.

You should make JHJ throw some food at you the next time he is eating, that should take the baby fever edge off a bit. Or I could call you when the Son wakes up at 1am and 7am if you like?

7daytrial said...

Thanks! I really do feel a lot better now. It's just a bit frustrating and I'm sure we'll have kids eventually.

Then again, when looking at houses "in our low price range" that are $200,000... it seems a little risky to try and throw kids on top of that.

One day, or not. Either way I'm sure I'll be fine :)

P.S. At 1 am I'll just be getting home, and at 7 am I'll have just gone to bed. Yay crazy schedule! (and I wonder why we don't have time to conceive a child...)