Thursday, July 17, 2008

Smoosha!

Well, there's not much to report today... I spent my entire day off cleaning, looking at houses, and paying bills.

My Husband helped me pay the bills because he found an online bill pay program that lets us pay our gas, power, and cable/phone/internet all at once! Now I don't have to worry that I forgot about something!

My big skill for the day was repairing the bifold doors where the washer and dryer are. Both sets of panels were coming off the track every time you open the door, so I got out the drill and the mallet. After a few minutes of banging around, I managed to get the outer panel hinges to stay put so that the doors don't pop off the track. I'm not sure if it's a permanent fix, but it's doing the job for now! The only down side is, I wasn't sure exactly where the hinges were supposed to go, so now there is about an inch gap where the doors are supposed to meet...

It's a design feature!

Tomorrow we meet with a Realtor to see if there is anything in the area that we like AND can afford. I'm really really done with apartment life, and we are looking to purchase something in the next 6 months or so, depending on if the complex will let us out of our contract. (If we break the lease, we owe them a little over $5,000 thanks to our really awesome move-in special)

Sorry to cut this short, but we've got a big day tomorrow :)

2 comments:

charlotte said...

I'm surprised the complex doesn't have someone to fix the things that go wrong in apartment like your utility room door.

7daytrial said...

I'm sure that maintenance would have come over eventually... But I'm very upset with the complex right now, so I try not to call the office for anything. Plus, I got a new skill out of it!