Monday, August 4, 2008

wooosah

The other night I wrote my very first angry letter. I don't actually expect it to do any good, but it really made me feel better. I think I am going to start writing them, even if they don't get sent.

Tonight, we added a new family member. We don't have a name for him yet, but he is an adorable kitty that we picked up from some total strangers. They were really cool, but their daughter was afraid of us.

As soon as we got home, we cleaned up a little bit so that the kitty wouldn't choke on anything (and to make it more apparent if there was a litter box mistake).

We aren't technically supposed to have a cat unless we pay the pet deposit, but we are moving soon anyway so I think we can play it off as "cat sitting" (after the crap this complex has pulled the last few months... I think we're just about even.)

At least the cat wont howl all night like our dog in Little Rock did... It was really hard to keep up the charade that we watched Animal Planet at high volumes when we didn't even have cable.

On the way to pick up the kitty, I ripped the seat out of my jeans. I expect this from older pairs that are a bit worn, but this one still had good, sturdy stitching! I think I'm going to take two damaged pairs and combine them to form Frankenjean. If it works, I will post pictures!

Soooo... I've started slacking on the updates, which is not a good sign. This means that by the time I sit down to write it all out, I've already forgotten what skills I gained!

It's probably more important that I actually gain the skills, rather than post them... but this helps me keep track and motivate me to keep going. I know over the last few days I was trained to train others on our email writing process, and then I was trained to do email reviews.

Those are separate skills on separate days, and they're really difficult. I just keep thinking that I may be the reason someone fails a QA... but hopefully I will teach them enough positive things that they will be able to avoid the mistakes I've made (and boy howdy have I made a lot of them...).

Anyway, it's time to go play with the kitty again. I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments: