Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ba dump bum bum

Today at work around 3pm, they sent out a message saying that you had the opportunity to leave early if your shift ended at or before 10pm. This happens every once in a while when it gets slow, and I jumped on the chance to leave! Now, figuring that it takes me about an hour to get to work, and about an hour to get home from work, I used more gas in transportation that I actually made by going to my job. Does that count as a skill?

Anyway, since I got home so early, I taught myself how to play "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain" on the guitar. I'm getting a lot better at it, even though my fingertips are not cooperating.

I also go a phone call from one of my friends. She wanted to let me know that another friend of ours is in a coma. For the first time in my life, I wanted to use teleportation for good instead of evil. She dated this friend for several years, and they were even engaged at one point. I really wish that I could have been there to comfort her. Note to self, call her Wednesday around 4.

Well, now I'm off to make brownies! I hope they turn out well.

No comments: