Wednesday, July 23, 2008

If you're happy and you know it, slap your mom!

I have no idea what that title was about... but I just watched video of the CEO at Work getting slapped at a recent Happy Hour.

I would so post it, but then everyone might know everything about my life. Let's just say that I work in the call center for one of the most amazing companies ever. You have probably heard of them or seen them on tv recently. Lots of news stories and interviews pop up every day.

My primary job is to answer calls, but I rarely do that. Mostly, I'm answering emails, watching holds, or working on Live Chat.

I was looking through work related videos (instead of cleaning) because I was trying to find footage of my most recent skill. I just completed a 4 week sign language course!

Someone recorded us all saying "We love to work at Work". We had to finger spell the name since there is not a sign. Then I did a short little video thing about how awesome it is that Work pays for us to take classes, during our workday, that help us grow both personally and professionally. In fact, those may have been my exact words.

Anyway, now I have a fancy certificate hanging up on my wall at work (drat. I should have taken a picture of that...) and I can, slowly, form very short, choppy sentences.

The biggest set back is that I have injured both of my hands this week, so my signs are not as perfect as they could be. Then again, the instructor kept saying "If it hurts, don't do it."

My skill for today (that will probably be posted tomorrow) is refinishing the dresser that acts as our entertainment center. Pictures will be included (so it may actually take a day or two) and that will be another skill! While I'm doing that, I may go ahead and do the tutorial for Hey You and I think I might have this week covered. YAY!

No comments: