Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I wish I could go back to college...

Oh, wait. I did.

In what I consider to be one of the least informed decisions of my entire life, I chose to go back to college.

I, literally, took five minutes to make the decision and classes started a week later.

Classes started yesterday, in fact.

I'm already ahead of the class. By two weeks.

If I had done online courses in the first place, I would have received my degree ages ago and not racked up so much pointless debt.

What. The. Fuck.

My biggest hurdle in my previous college experience was actually going to class. Once I drove to the school I had to find a place to park. Once I parked, I had to walk a friggin long way to get to class. Once I was in class, I had to think about how to quickly get to my next class.

I might also point out that I did not have a parking permit, which added a level of danger to the daily parking dillema. "Oooh, there's a close spot. Oh, it's in permit parking... What are the chances they'll tow my car?"

I ended up with a crapload of parking tickets.

I only had to pay one or two.

After tuition, books, etc., there just wasn't enough money left over to buy a parking permit. I don't like to break the rules, but sometimes you just have to.

Hell, my third semester I couldn't even afford books! (ask me how well that went. Go on. I dare you.)

This time, I don't have to get dressed, I don't have to drive anywhere, and my books are paid for thanks to the military.

And thus, I have almost completed the course on the second day of class.

My husband is also taking online classes at the moment (study buddy!) and he's currently in the class I'll be taking next. No, I'm not going to steal his papers and assignments. I'm going to go ahead and get the next course's work out of the way once I finish this one.

I start that course the day after my current course ends.

Woohoo!

No comments: