Monday, December 21, 2009

Woo Woo!

Tomorrow, right about 1pm CST, my parents will be piling into their truck to bring Alyssa home. FINALLY!

Excited does not even begin to describe how I feel right now.

I am very thankful for the time that she got to spend with her grandparents, great-grandparents and assorted friends and family, but it's time for my baby to be home.

In other news, we are moving to the middle of nowhere fairly soon.

The plus side? We can most likely get base housing there (or buy an inexpensive house... our monthy payments would be way lower than our housing allowance. Score!) so that we don't have to worry so much about our financial state.

The down side? I can't think of anything but then again I've never actually visited this village.

The most awesome thing in the world? We will have our family back together.

Thanks to everyone that supported us through this struggle and for those that didn't support us, go hit yourself with a sack of hammers. Now. I'll wait.

Done? Good.

On a side note: Recession Christmas has actually been really, really good to us. I got some amazing deals on things that we needed/wanted. For the first time in a while I was very glad that we live in this city and have access to to the kind of shopping that makes sure you can have money left over but not feel like you had to give up everything.

I will miss these stores very, very much. (Seriously, I saw a pair of Coach rain boots for $13... COACH! Yes, they were real.)

Anywho, time to eat dinner and get everything perfect for Alyssa's first Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that things are finally turning around for you, hon. It's been a tough road for you for so long, and I'm thrilled for you that it seems to be smoothing out. If we don't comment at each other again before then, have an awesome Christmas. *consuuuumes*

7daytrial said...

*consuuuuuuume* Did you get my holiday card? I've heard they aren't arriving as expected. Some people only got the front of the envelope :(

Anonymous said...

Nope, I never got anything. :(