Monday, August 17, 2009

I should have stayed longer...

On the 3rd, I took Alyssa home to meet her great mammaw and her grandmother's on My Husband's side. Mostly it was a trip to meet her Mammaw since she is very ill and probably won't be with us much longer. Fortunately, we got to celebrate her 92nd birthday in person and she got to hold her great granddaughter, and kiss her, and tell her how amazing she is.

I spent two weeks back home and, somehow, it wasn't nearly long enough. It was nice to see as many people as I could, but I didn't get to see or do half of the things on my list. I wanted to hang out with all of my friends but I am really glad that I got to see as many of them as I could.

My dad also had to have back surgery while I was there, so that caused me to throw a lot of my plans out the window.

There will be pictures soon but for now I am adjusting to taking care of the baby on my own again. It was really, really nice to be able to hand her off to someone else so I could get a few hours of peace and I honesty don't think my family minded one bit. She has everyone wrapped so tightly around her tiny fingers that I'm amazed we got on the plane with all limbs intact.

Now that I'm back, I hope to update with more frequency-- it was really hard to try and cram in a blog update between napping, spending time with family and hanging out with a few of my friends...

Anyway, look for more awesomeness soon!

1 comment: