Sunday, June 7, 2009

And now for something less depressing

Nesting is in full swing here in our humble abode. Since I've been taken off work, it seems that my new mission is to make sure the apartment is 100% clean and ready for the baby since it will probably never get that clean again.

The most interesting part? We're also packing in preparation for a permanent change of station. This means that we will probably be moving very, very soon. If it weren't for my pregnancy, we would probably already be there. So, while getting everything ready for my precious little girl, we're also packing up everything that isn't essential to our daily life.

If you visit in the next few months, do not be shocked if all of the decor is gone. Though I feel it is essential, apparently it isn't and needs to be hidden in totes so that we can load up a moving truck in a hurry.

The interior designer in me is weeping.

This also means that I can't make my baby's room as cute as it could be. It really, really bothers me that the walls are blank and there aren't shelves adorned with cute little baby things. I want so badly to start stenciling and painting and hanging things up to make her room as cute as possible. I know that she won't remember it, but the pictures will last forever. "No, you weren't living in a prison... we were just moving."

No comments: