Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Virtual Shower, Actual Awesomeness

On Sunday, Hey You from TheHuckablog hosted a super awesome virtual baby shower for us and Alyssa. She sent us boxes of presents and a box full of decorations to match what she had her house decorated with, then we busted out the webcams and Skyped the whole thing. It was so awesome and I really wish I could have been there in person. When we were planning the shower, there was no way that I could have made it. Now, apparently, I'm going to be going 'home' in a few weeks. I totally could have been there!

The trip wasn't finalized until after he shower so I didn't know when or if I would actually be there. My Mammaw is very, very sick and she's going to be celebrating her 92nd birthday. We all really want her to meet her granddaughter, so we decided that we should make a trip. Unfortunately, My Husband wasn't able to get any leave approved so it will just be a trip for the two of us. Her first vacation!

Anyway, back to the shower.

It was so awesome! The decorations were amazing- I couldn't believe they worked so hard on them! The gifts were so thoughtful and very much appreciated and it was super exciting to get to see my friends together even if I couldn't be there. My Husband's favorite part was one of the shower games. Hey You wrote down what we first said when we opened each gift. From our responses, she made a list of things that were probably said on the night of conception. It was hilarious.

Somehow, I managed to not charge the camera battery before the shower, so I only have a few pictures. However, I will make up for it by displaying other pictures! YAY!!!!



My Husband's squadron sent us this awesome diaper cake! Their mascot is a bull and the wives club is named the Lady Bulls (because we didn't want to be The Cows...) so they even included a cute little beanie bull!


the pile of presents!



Now we move into non-shower pictures. This is Alyssa in the waiting room for her 2 week checkup.



My Brother holding Alyssa! We were still the same age at the time but we celebrated his birthday while he was here.


After delivery, work sent me a box full of logo baby stuff! (wow, I'm really starting to let go of that anonymity thing...)


My Mom (Gigi, Granmomma... we're still working on it) holding Alyssa in the hospital. Yes, Alyssa is holding her own head up. She's been doing that since day 1.


The end!

3 comments:

The Ophelia Entries said...

Yay for prettiness and gifts and tiny little baby girls!!!!

Okay - question. I have your gift boxed up and was going to mail it off this week. Can I just save it for when you get here so that you have a gift to open while you are here? It's totally up to you!

She's soooooo pretty! I can't wait to meet her!

7daytrial said...

Thank you so much! She's excited to meet everyone. Or at least that's what I'm pretending this sleeplessness is about.

You can totally save the gift as long as you think it is small enough to fit in my suitcase :D

Spadarkly said...

The shower was totally fun. Alyssa is absolutely beautiful!
I look forward to seeing you guys soon. You must come see the house!