Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The rhythm is going to get you...

My mom has been doing a lot of scrapbooking for a while, and I really, really like the pages she has done. I've always had an interest in scrapbooking but more so from an oustider's perspective-- I didn't want to participate, just look at the pretty pages.

Maybe it's the pregnancy, maybe it's just my time... I have begun scrapbooking. And I like it

For your entertainment, here is my first page-


The page was propped up on my brand new magnetic, self healing cutting mat. For the most part I really like this mat, however, there is one spot where I fear I may have gouged too deep since it has not healed yet.

The other day I went to the craft store with My Husband to pick out the paper for the baby page. After we got everything together and went to the checkout line he made the mistake of looking at the grand total before I got the card swiped. I have never seen a grown man throw such a fit. After expressing his frustration he went out to the car, leaving me to explain to the cashier that he was mostly kidding.

I made a page just for him, without all the glitter and frills, so maybe he will enjoy it a bit more.

Besides, this one is all about him... how can he not like it? Look at that face!

Anyway, I have now had to reorganize the rest of my craft stuff to make room for my new hobby. I really, really think I could very easily become addicted to scrapbooking. It's very calming. I don't have to make everything perfect and I dont feel the pressure to measure off every picture for precise placement. I feel that I have a crafting purpose again!

No comments: