Saturday, March 7, 2009

4D? What does that even mean?

At my last doctor approved ultrasound, we found out that we were having...

wait for it....

a baby.

With all the technology and skill available at my hospital, they could not figure out what my baby was.

I was sad and disappointed because nearly everyone I know was so excited to find out what the baby is.

Since we were unsuccesful, I found a local clinicl called Miracle in Progress that offers 2D gender verification and 3 and 4D ultrasounds. We knew that we wanted to get a 3d ultrasound, but according to the FAQ's it's best to wait until the end of the second trimester. I didn't want to wait that long to find out what my baby is!

They offered a package that got you one session now and then one later (to get better pictures) along with gender verification and a newborn photo shoot.

Kay!

We showed up kind of expecting the setrile hospital setting we were accustomed to, only to be completely shocked. This place was awesome! You could have up to 10 people present and there were no hard plastic chairs-- they had couches! The whole thing was projected on a giant screen so that everyone could see without getting in the way.

The bed was huge and comfy, completely unlike the bed I'm used to at my docs office. I honestly thought I was going to go to sleep.

As it turns out, 4D simply means a recording of a 3D ultrasound. We have a DVD of our fetus wiggling around while we tried to get good pictures. They said that we could provide our own music or use what they have. We didn't have time to get a playlist together since it was a same day appointment, but they had lullaby covers of really awesome songs!

Stay tuned, I will post some of the pictures as soon as I get a chance. Yes, my baby does look like an alien-- shut up.

The best part? We found out! It's going to be a girl!

This time it only took a moment to get her to cooperate. There were 3 very clear lines exactly where they should have been.

We are crazy excited! I can't wait for the next ultrasound so that we can get even better pictures of her face.

Plus, now I get to walk around going "Hey, you wanna see a creepy picture of my fetus?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for a GIRL! I have girl gift for you already! oh, and I WANT PICTURES!

Jon said...

Totally. Don't forget to share pictures/video with us!