Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oh dear...

Wow, it has been quite some time since I was actually able to update. For the longest time, our router was "not working" because My Husband forgot how to use a computer... for all intents and purposes, we shall assume that he was abducted by aliens.

He offered to have K, one of our neighbors, come take a look at it. "NO!!! He is NOT going anywhere NEAR our computer... even if it is broken!".

After that, it was totally up to me to save the world. I had no clue what My Husband had done, or how to undo it, but under the watchful eyes of Our Roommate and O, I managed to get it fixed.

We found a (nearly) foolproof way to ensure that we never loose our network password again... just don't look at the bottom of our router.

After fixing our life force, I started working on a baby blanket for a woman that I work with. Her son's girlfriend had a baby, and she wanted to get something nice for them. I hope my blanket will suffice.

A week later I got frustrated with the blanket (it will never end...) and turned my attention to our neighbors, K and O. O was talking about how she wanted to redo their living room and took me over to get my opinion.

I walked into her living room and immediately asked why there was a mattress in the floor. She said that K had been sleeping on it, and that she wanted to put it in her son's room. She was afraid that they would jump on the mattress and wanted to wait until she had a bed frame.

We went to Home Depot.

There is nothing more dangerous than two girls and two kids at Home Depot. Especially when we realize that we are going to have to get large pieces of wood home somehow.

After a little bit of work from all of us, we got the bed frame built. Then we had to get it into the boys room... It was after midnight, and no one thought to measure the door ways to make sure that the bed frame would fit.

It did... barely. Once we got the bed frame where it belonged, we put the mattress on top of it.

At that point, I realized that I based my measurements on how high the bed should be, including the mattress... What we wound up with was a bed that was 2ft high, plus mattress.

This bed would be wonderful as a princess bed, or a fort... or even a small set of bunk beds... but I am not sure that the neighbors are happy.

Oh well, maybe I can make it up to them soon.

2 comments:

charlotte said...

I can relate to this sky high bed. Since your room mates grandparents moved to your hometown, they didn't have room for all their clothes in their postage stamp sized apartment. Solution store out of season items in plastic boxes under the two beds in our second and third bedroom. Unfortunately one of the beds was too low. So we purchased the plastic blocks at the nations no. 1 retail discounter to raise the bed. Now it takes a step stool to actually crawl into it.

BTW, have that room mate call home. We sure would like to hear from him. Sorry we missed seeing you all when you were here last.

7daytrial said...

Oh wow! Someone reminded me that royalty used to have to have stairs leading up to their bed, so now I feel a little better. Now you can pass that on to anyone complaining about the hike up to the mattress.

I tell him to call, but I don't know if it does any good. I think the more I remind him to do something, the less likely he is to do it.

I wish we had gotten to see you in September! We drove by a few times, but there was no answer. Thank you again for offering us the use of your car. Mom and Dad wanted to play it safe and rent a car with extra insurance, you know, just in case. It really meant a lot to us that you would offer!

I'm glad that we got to see Hey You while we were there so that we could get some pictures of The Son. The Roommate really misses him.

Maybe next time we can all come back together :D