Saturday, October 4, 2008

Back to the grind

We got back from our trip Monday night and The Roommate was waiting for us near baggage claim. He brought us home and we chatted for a little bit before he had to go to bed. Overall, the trip was awesome. We got my Mammaw (Mammaw is southern for Grandma...) to play Wii bowling, which was a lot of fun.

We got to make these really awesome candle sticks in my dad's shopped (he helped a little). Dad showed us how to draw out the metal, bend it the way we wanted, taper the ends, and weld things. I think I had more fun doing it than My Husband did, but we have a fantastic hand made souvenir.

Two separate candelsticks...


Join forces to become Amazing Candlestick of Awesome!


We used a brass finish to make it all fancy, which looks better in person than it does in the picture.

There will be a more thorough post later on, but it's late and I have to work tomorrow!

On a side note, I'm going to try making and selling scarves before Christmas to earn a little extra cash.... anybody need a scarf? I'll give you a great deal!

No comments: