Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pant Intervention

For the last few weeks, My Husband has been hounding me to get some maternity pants. I'm not real big yet, so I really didn't think it was time to give up and shell out the cash for them. After having to unbutton my pants when I sat down, and always having my zipper undone, (Not to metion the snide remarks about turning our 1 fetus into 2... I call the top half!) I finally gave in and went to Motherhood with Our Roommate.

Holy cow, why didn't someone tell me they were so comfy?

I bought two pairs, and right now I'm thinking that I got them too big. They keep sliding down and I have to tug them up all the time. One of my coworkers, who just had a baby, says that I will grow into them. I'm really not sure since the legs are also too big. I hope she's right because it seems awkard right now.

The upside is that I can now breathe and Flipper is no longer in grave danger of becoming quadruplets, so I guess I can deal with a few weeks of sagging pants. At least the big elastic part keeps you from seeing my undies, however cute they may be.

I'm really considering hanging on to these after I give birth... they're so roomy. No odd bunching or zipper marks, it's almost like someone really thought this idea through.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Pant intervention was totally necessary.

Anonymous said...

So, I'm on bedrest. I know I haven't talked to you in a sec, so I thought I'd let you know that Dorian Danger has got me stuck in bed all day. The stupid placenta is peeling away from the wall causing bleeding. :( Hope you're doing well, emails me to my phone prease.