Monday, October 19, 2009

'Ello gov'ner

Dear Blog,

Hi there! Remember me? Your writer? Yeah... sorry I haven't written in a while. Things got a little intense.

You see, first, we took Allie to stay with her Grandparents in Arkansas. That was an ordeal... I couldn't possibly have written while we were down there. And it's probably a good thing I didn't. Someday, Allie will read this and wonder why I keep calling Mimi "Lucifer" and why her daddy called Pops an egotistical prick.

Fortunately, Gigi and Grumpy are much more tame.

During our stay, we did lots of fun things like check out my parent's cabin, eat at a lot of amazing places, and visit some pretty cool people. We did some things that sucked too. Like fighting with my in-laws and sitting in the ER of Children's Hospital waiting on test results.

Oh, did I mention? Allie got swine flu. They say it was probably from the plane but I just don't know. Right now I kind of see this as "Hey, you just spent $1,000 to give your daughter pork chop fever and dump her with her grandparents. Mother of the Year award coming right up!".

I miss my daughter. I really, really dislike my job right now, and My Husband is working overnight so I'm all alone.

Being a grownup isn't very much fun right now.

Did I mention that I forgot to pack my Zoloft for the trip? Yeah, that went well...

Anyway, everything is starting to calm down a little bit so hopefully we'll be in touch more. I hope you understand-- it wasn't you, it's me.

Please forgive me. I'll talk to you soon.

Love,
Mallomar

2 comments:

Crystal said...

So is she with the evil grandparents in Arkansas, or the other grandparents? Either way, I'm sorry she's not with you! =(

7daytrial said...

She'll be spending time with both :(

Even though we've had our personal differences, I know that she's in good hands and that she is being taken care of by people who love her.

Plus, everyone knows I'll rip their faces off if anything happens to her :D

Both sets of Grandparents and Great Grandma's (three of those, actually) are thrilled to be able to spend time with her. Especially my Mammaw. We didn't think she'd make it this long but seeing her great-grandbaby seems to have given her an extra push.

In a few weeks, my parents are taking Allie and my Mammaw up to the Ozarks to see the leaves change. I'm insanely jealous that I can't be there, too. This little girl has had an exciting 4 months of life!